Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapala Pier

Yesterday when we were in Chapala at the art show, before we returned home we sat at the Beer Garden right on the lake, enjoyed the strongest Cosmo I have ever had, and then walked along the pier.

I had heard ravings about how wonderful the new malecon is but I had never seen it before or ever, until yesterday. The boardwalk is perfectly paved with beautiful tiles. It is such a joy to walk on.

There are brand new park benches all along the pier and stained a deep brown which makes them the most beautiful park benches I have ever seen.

Of course there were flowers all along there hanging from the light poles and alongside the pier.

Chapala Inn is right there off the water and it always looked a little like a hole in the wall from the front but from the back, I would love to stay there, its so beautiful.

They are opening all new restaurants facing the water so it will be a real treat to be there any time day or night.

The PanAm games are coming to Lake Chapala in 2011 I believe and so they are working really hard to upgrade the entire areas. There has been so much money spent and it is so worth it.

No comments: