Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Walmart is Open

This morning at 8am Walmart opened. Normally I would have sauntered in somewhere late in the afternoon but today I had to drive Kristen to school so I thought I might as well get properly dressed and head over there.

I arrived there at 7:45 am and there was already a crowd forming. There were people in balloon costumes and some girls that I thought were picketing but turns out they were just announcing the grand opening.

We waited while they prepared the Priest did his thing. He blessed the store and then walked around with the holy water, please forgive me catholics for not knowing what the whole ceremony was about.

Then every staff member formed a two sided line from the entrance, did a cheer and then clapped welcoming us in. The first person closest the door on the entrance side (I was on the exit side), was asked to cut the ribbon. Pretty cool. I have never walked into a Walmart where the employees were clapping that I was there.

I wandered around and saw all the clothing, bras, appliances, lines ect that I wanted and then I headed to the grocery section. The fresh fish, seafood, meat and produce were wonderful.

I found my Arizona iced teas. Normally I have the big can that says 99 cents on it, but the price was $9.69 pesos which converted now is about 94 -95 cents. Wow my favorite things are cheaper here even if they are produced North.

The lacked some of the things that I need. I wanted sausages but they didnt have any. I wanted smoked salmon and that was no where to be found either. Things that I want for Christmas like herring or a Deli section for ham or turkey, I will have to continue shopping at Super Lake. But maybe someone from Walmart will read this and stock those items.

No comments: