Friday, September 26, 2008

Lake Chapala Pictures








This post will be mostly pictures of Lake Chapala. My Dad took the before pictures in July 2003 when the lake was really low and the after pictures were taken today.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to control where the pictures end up, so they are not in order, but I am sure that you can figure out which are before and which are after pictures.

The picture of the boy was a picture that I couldn't resist sharing. As I was walking along the Ajijic malecon (pier) there was a boy there who had a rope dangling into the lake. When I looked down I saw many fish still alive but stuck to the rope. The boy was kind enough to lift his catch to show me, although he had to really work to hold them up high. Can you see how hard the load is for him to hold on his face?

Do you see the sandbags and the men continuing to fill them. They are trying to encircle where the beach park was, but as you can see, all they seem to be doing is holding the water in. I am sure that they have a plan.

Can you imagine eating a picnic at one of these picnic tables?
I hope you enjoy but if the lake rises too much more, I am not sure what they are going to do.

No comments: