Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome to Kathy in Ajijic Mexico

Hi there. I'm Kathy and here I am in Ajijic Mexico with my daughter Kristen.

I want to share with you my experiences in Mexico, the school system here and living with an elderly person. I hope to share insights and humour that you will enjoy. As a 43 year old woman from Canada and living here with my 9 year old daughter I have a different point of view than some of the retired folks here. My husband will follow us here when our house sells in Canada and then we can add his perspective as well. I plan on sharing my experiences of living here in Paradise when you aren't retired.

But before I do, I am sure that you are wondering how I came to be living here. Quickly I will share my story. My parents retired here in Ajijic with my grandmother. They arrived in 2001 and loved it here.

Unfortunately this year has been full of change and loss. My parents both passed on within 7 weeks of each other this spring, leaving my 94 year old grandmother here alone. My husband and I agreed that we would move here to care for her and start our lives over.

So here I am, with my daughter and my husband is trying to close off our life in Canada. Today it has been 4 days short of 3 months since I have seen him. Makes me feel for the families with loved ones in the military.

We are off to see the Regato de Globos which is a competition for Mexicans where they make hot air balloons out of Japanese tissue paper and then float them in the air. I will take pictures and share with you.

Until next time,
Kathy

No comments: