Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mexican Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have to admit that I have been horrible cook for just Kristen and I so I finally got tired of waiting until my husband arrived, to make a decent meal.

I wanted not only a decent home cooked meal but also a treat. I thought of cookies and went online searching for a good recipe for chocolate chip. My normal favourite recipe is on the bag of chipits and I didn't think that I would be able to either find that brand here and if I could, it might not be worth the price to buy them.

I found on my favourite recipe site, Epicurious.com a recipe for Mexican chocolate chip cookies. The recipe added cinnamon and pepper to the recipe and I used Mexican chocolate as some reviewers suggested.

I have to say that I just took the first batch out of the oven and of course I just had to eat the one that broke. Well didn't I? Guess what? They are amazing. It definitely has that Mexican zing to them but still sweet and runny.

I find that while I am here in Mexico, I really want to cook like a Mexican but am at a loss on finding traditional recipes. A couple of months ago I was invited to a neighbours house who was making arracherra for dinner so I found a recipe for Mexican corn pudding from a chef in Guadalajara to bring as my contribution. I am happy and proud to say that there was not a drop of it left.

Mexican cooking is so much more than Taco Bell. I am thrilled to be experimenting with it.

Want a cookie?


No comments: