Sunday, October 12, 2008

La Tasca Restuarant

Yesterday afternoon Andre arrived. After we picked him up at the airport and did the big kissy kissy and came home safe and sound, we adjusted to being together. Andre looked at the garden and all the changes that my grandmother did and we sat and talked a bit and kissed alot more.

We decided to go to La Tasca for dinner. I knew that they had this awesome band playing there and it is right on the lake front. Actually it really is right on the lakefront now as the lake has obliviated their parking lot totally and the lake laps at the restaurant walls.

We had a lovely dinner right by the window and the band stage. I had shrimp wrapped in bacon - it was so unique and wrapped tight like a ball, Andre tasted his first arracherra and Kristen ordered a dinner that will eventually end up in the garbage. There was nothing wrong with it but it seems that she only likes packaged dried pesto instead of fresh and fresh was what she ordered.

But Kristen did enjoy her Creme Brulee even though her father tried to eat most of it. I had a couple of Amarettos and cofffee instead of desert. My personal heaven. The waiter taught me in Spanish how to say my heaven but I it is gone out of my head.

Andre had a Margaretta to celebrate his cousin Tami's birthday, which happened to be yesterday. She had asked him to have one for her. We toasted her birthday, but I wonder if she felt it.

Right after dinner the band began to play. We timed it perfectly. I love this band they play Latin American music from Equator, Chile, Mexico, Cuba etc. They use wooden flutes and other wooden wind instruments, bongos, guitars and other string instruments. It is beautiful, sensual and fun music and Andre was enraptured.

They play there every Saturday night and if you are here, it is worth it to go and enjoy, but don't take a 10 year old who wants to go home and watch tv instead of enjoying the atmosphere, music and company. Too bad.

1 comment:

twassink said...

Well thank you very much for toasting my Birthday, that was very thoughtful of you both. I am happy that your family was together for Thanksgiving and for Kristen's Birthday. I love reading your blogs, take care, lots of love, Tami