Friday, October 10, 2008

My husband is coming!!

Tomorrow afternoon I will be at the airport to pick up my husband for a week's visit. We have not seen each other since June 17th, almost 4 months.

Three years ago I came here to visit with my parents and grandmother for 3 weeks. When I returned home we had a reunion in the roundabout in the Toronto airport that rivaled a movie directed shot. There was jumping in the air, passionate kisses, tears and so much emotion.

At that time we both said we would NEVER be apart that long again.

I have learned to never say never as you never know what life will bring you.

But tomorrow life is bringing me my husband, if only for a short week. I am afraid that I will cry alot thinking of his leaving instead of relishing each and every moment. I will try to find a balance.

Sometimes we make decisions based on the moment and for the right reasons but after we wonder if we would have made those decisions differently given different circumstances. Now that the grief of losing both my parents and the fear of my grandmother being alone is over I can see other options that I could have chosen.

But I also wasn't planning on a recession hitting the world, the layoffs in my home town, the growth of the nuclear plant near us to be moved elsewhere. All of these issues seriously affected our plans and made for such a long time away from each other.

I look forward to the day that we are living as a family and bickering over the toilet seat up or down or who is stealing the covers. Those annoyances are sorely missed when they are gone as they are idiosyncrasies of a loved one.

Only 30 more hours until we are together.

No comments: